All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Candida, Headache, and Kyphosis.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:38 pm 

For the last 5 weeks, I have had a dull headache around the back of my head, towards my neck. I went to a chiropractor in my town, he cracked my neck and sent me on my way. That didn't seem to help anything. So, after another weeks, I went to another chiropractor, who specialized in upper cervical care. He cracked me again, and put my axis bone back into place, thinking that it was causing most of my pain. I had X-Rays as well, where they found that I have Kyphosis, which is the straightening of the neck. My neck is straight, there is no curve. Once my axis was in place, I thought surely the headache would go away, but it still hasn't. I am now seeing a chiropractic physician, who specialized in alternative healthcare. He found out that I also have a candida buildup around my kidneys and bowels. I have been on a no carb and no sugar diet for about 2 weeks now. I have seen some improvement, but the headache is still there. He also put me on Candida cleanse pills (similar to Yeast Assassin). I feel like I am always hungry. He doesn't want me eating hardly any red meats, fruit, or anything with carbs or sugar. I had no idea how hard this would be!

To you who have had candida problems, have you ever dealt with the headache? Also, what diet worked best for you? I feel like I am constantly hungry for something with flavor! Hope someone can help!

Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:31 pm

Post subject: Re: Candida, Headache, and Kyphosis.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:56 pm 

First, I am so sorry you have had to go through this. It sounds horrible.

Since you are continuing with chiropractic care (because sometimes it takes several weeks to work out a spine that is out of alignment), and you are following a good candida diet, you seem to have covered most of you basis.

In my experience, it is unusual to have extended headaches like that just due to candida and die off but it could be quite possible.

Are you in-taking enough protein and magnesium? Also, are you putting back good probiotics? And a touchy subject but how are your bowels?

Also, you may find some relief from essential oils if you can tolerate smells. I can give you some suggestions!

Mary

We are not medical professionals and are not qualified to give medical advice. We are happy to share our personal experiences, any personal research and our opinions, but this is never to take the place of your own research and counsel of your Doctor.

Fri May 15, 2009 11:03 am

Post subject: Re: Candida, Headache, and Kyphosis.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:30 pm 

Thanks for responding, Mary.

I have been to my doctor (chiropractor) since my first post. He adjusted me again and kept me on the same diet. I feel very weak sometimes, probably due to the lack of carbs. Just recently, I started taking powdered magnesium, and I'm hoping that it helps. I think I'm pretty good on my protein intake. I'm not allowed any dairy other than eggs, but I usually eat at least 2 a day. I'm not sure if that's enough or not, though.
I am not taking any probiotic, because of the candida diet. My doctor said to wait about taking any (which I didn't understand.). I used to take a probiotic very regularly, and it always made me feel better.
As far as bowels, the doctor said that I had candida in my kidneys and bowels. It's very irregular, but no real problems.
I can tolerate smells just fine. Anything you recommend would be great!

Thanks!

Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:31 pm