Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Help your teeth re-mineralize with black walnut
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:28 pm 

]

Quote:
. Blackwalnut will restore enamel, build calcium, and kill the cavity

Black walnut/cavities links
http://www.nspforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=101

Swishing Black Walnut tincture 4x daily can also re-mineralize your teeth often within a month or two. See Be Your Own Doctor by Rachel Weaver

making black walnut tincture into a diluted mouthwash...
http://welltellme.com/discuss/index.php ... ml#msg3621

Quote from Rachel Weaver
Quote:
Here is a little bit from the book I am writing – I am a mother of 9 and a Master Herbalist

Black Walnut
“The Household Dentist”

I read it again, and again. “You can fill in your children’s cavities,” it promised. This was not some “fly by night” firm. This was a reputable family-based business. I kept promising myself that I would order some to check it out since our one daughter had trouble with cavities but it was a rather expensive kit and I did not get around to it. Then I enrolled in the “School of Natural Healing” to get my Master Herbalist Degree and somewhere in the course, Doctor Christopher talked about black walnut healing teeth enamel. I was intrigued. I purchased his tooth powder and gave it to my married daughter to try. She used it faithfully and said that it took away the pain in her teeth, but that it was not enough. It did not seem to fill in the cavities that she always dealt with. Her diet was good, but she had been a premie and I did NOT understand nutrition when she was little. She was missing some necessary mineral or something.

I kept searching. Then one day a midwife friend, who knew that I worked with lots of people’s health problems, gave me six or seven bottles of black walnut glycerite from the food co-op that her husband worked for. They had just gone out of date and she thought that maybe I could use them for someone. Interestingly enough, I had just read about how black walnut helps with cavities that week and here was my chance to try it. I was having tooth pain from some cavities that I had. (I dislike going to dentists) and so I immediately went to work swishing black walnut in my mouth and presto! My toothache was gone. If it would return, I would swish a few times a day and it would be gone for awhile. Then it went away and did not return, Interesting!

I gave it to my children when they got toothaches and if we were faithful and swished two droppers three or four times a day for a week or two, the cavity filled in. I was impressed. Now I wanted others to experiment on to prove my theory. I could not find much info anywhere on my idea, but it seemed to be working.

One day I got a call from a friend. “Can you come over quickly? Our son was in a bike accident and his face is all messed up. We’d like your help.” I went as quickly as I could. His face was messed up, way too messed up for me to deal with! I am not a doctor! I do not do surgery! One glance told me that he would need extensive stitching to fix him up. There was a huge split above his lip and the skin on his lower jaw hung slack. I sent them in to the hospital for repair, wishing that I could have helped them. The next morning she called and asked if I had anything to repair teeth. The doctors had put in about 40 stitches inside and out and told them to go to the dentist since his front teeth were all cracked and would need extensive work. X-rays agreed, and the dentist told them to come back in two or three weeks when his mouth was healed up and she would begin to work on the teeth. We all knew that, that would be expensive. Dental work always is these days. I thought of my black walnut tincture and gave her a bottle with these instructions:
Use 2 or more droppers of this in a small bit of water. Swish it around in the mouth and swallow it. Repeat at each meal time and just before bed.

Of course that was just a good guess and I had no idea what the results would be. But it would not hurt to try. Imagine my surprise and delight when she phoned me after his next visit to the dentist two weeks later. “His teeth are fine. The dentist got him into the chair and took a look at his teeth and said, “There must be a mistake. He does not need any work on his teeth.” “Get the x-ray,” requested my friend. Mr. Dentist obeyed and behold, the x-ray showed very cracked teeth.

“How did the teeth heal?” he asked. “We used black walnut tincture,” replied my friend. “Never heard of it.” said the dentist. “But his teeth are fine.” And you know what, that is all he said. He did not ask to learn more. That is so sad. Think how many people he could have benefited with that knowledge.

This incident gave me the courage to really begin to introduce folks to the healing benefits of black walnut. I have found that children’s teeth heal more quickly than adults. In adults it takes the pain away and sometimes it heals their teeth. Other times it is only a pain reliever. I suspect the reason lies in the fact that the potassium actually aids in the repair in young, healthy children and younger adults, and in older adults who heal less quickly, it sometimes only does a temporary fix because our bodies are aging.

Today I read this little comment. “A lady told me that she took her son to the dentist and he had a cavity. They scheduled to get it filled two weeks later. She had him brushing with black walnut powder and when they went back to the dentist, the cavity was not there.” I was encouraged. Black walnut powder does work, but it is messy. I like the tincture best, myself. It so easy to swish and swallow.
Since that time quite a few folks have taken my tincture and really feel that it helps. Some of these folks are in their 50′s. They feel that it has helped them keep their own teeth longer, without so much work at the dentist. Some of the folks are younger people with families and they tell me that it has helped them avoid many fillings.

For toothache and for cavities: Put 2 droppers of tincture in about 1/8th glass of water, swish well and swallow. Repeat as often as needed, at least 4 times daily.

Last edited by herbs girl on Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:20 pm

Post subject: Re: Help your teeth re-mineralize with Xylitol and black wal
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:46 pm 

I have nothing to do with the sales of this product or anything but this is Rachel Weaver's special tincture for helping cavities
http://www.natureswarehouse.net/dental-health-4oz.html

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:51 pm 

I know there is lots of info out there that says xylitol is good for the teeth, but I am wary of it b/c of the info I've read from Ramiel Nagel, author of Cure Tooth Decay. Xylitol is a sugar alcohol which may not be good for us and is certainly bad for lab rats. Especially after reading the testimony below about the mother who just used black walnut hull tincture to achieve the same results, I think I'll stick to just using that and leave off the xylitol.

Here's the negative article about xylitol. (More can be found if you google it.) http://www.curetoothdecay.com/Tooth_Dec ... _decay.htm

Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:12 pm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:45 pm 

Yikes Nancy! That doesnt sound too good about the Xylitol. I will throw away what I have at home, I was letting my kids put it in their tea ect.

Beeyoutiful's superkids contains xylitol....

Post subject: Re: Help your teeth re-mineralize with black walnut
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:53 pm 

Would black walnut help regrow tooth enamel if I have a filling in the tooth or should I get it removed?

Thanks! Long time lurker first time poster! :mrgreen:

Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:10 pm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:31 pm 

I'm so sorry for the delay in answering your question about black walnut hull tincture causing a filling to come out as the enamel healed. For some reason your post did not show up for me to see until just tonight. I hope this won't discourage you from posting again. :)

I really do not know if that would happen or not. However, it certainly seems worth the risk to try the black walnut hull for all the benefits it does your teeth and body. And even if enamel did harden over and cause a filling to come out, that would just be hastening the inevitable anyway, b/c most fillings eventually grow old and crack or come out anyway, especially the composite fillings that are not mercury-based. Sadly, those don't last as long as the mercury ones.

When Weston A. Price watched cavities hardening over, I don't think he necessarily saw holes fill in but more like just harden.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:26 pm 

I'm curious about the glycerite tincture, since glycerin is supposed to be harmful to teeth. I have some black walnut hull powder, I think, so I may try that. It's an amazing story about the lady who helped her friend's son with his injury and her own teeth as well.

Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:43 pm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:17 pm 

I'm going to get two porcelain fillings removed from the top of two of my teeth and see if I can heal them with fasting/black walnut/ormus. If I fail, I fail. But I won't know unless I try. :D

Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:10 pm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:17 pm 

Sure would love to know how this comes out! You can also boost your chances of re-hardening your cavities by taking cod liver oil and high vitamin butter oil and, of course, not eating anything sweet, including fruit--esp. the sweeter fruits. I think lemons, limes, black currants, and something else I can't remember are probably OK. Raw milk products are also VERY helpful for tooth-remineralization/hardening. If you don't have access to the liquid stuff, look for raw cheese. It's usually sold in every state, even if you can only find one tiny selection of it in the section where they sell all the bad-for-you soy cheeses.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:28 pm 

I posted before but I don't know it doesn't look like it showed up...if it's here twice I am sorry. :) My adopted daughter, age 4, has serious bottle rot (we have had her a year). It is so bad the dentist says there is nothing we can do but wait until they fall out. She is in pain almost daily. Do you think this would maybe help her? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Wendy

Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:59 pm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:01 am 

Hi Wendy,

I don't know why some posts don't show up right away. As moderator, I get notices sometimes that a post needs approval, but, although I check the forum almost every single day, sometimes I don't see those notices until a couple of days have passed. I'm sorry for the delay.

Most definitely try the black walnut hull tincture. Also, go to www.CureToothDecay.com and maybe even buy the book. If the poor thing is only four, she's got a while before those teeth fall out, and that is sad for her to be in pain from them for two or three more years. The book will give you the whole protocol including eating fermented cod liver oil, high vitamin butter oil, fermented (preferably raw) dairy products, organ meats, seafood and more as well as what to avoid (fruit is also on that list).

Here is an excerpt from a good article by Ramiel Nagel, author of Cure Tooth Decay, where he elaborates on the needed foods. His own daughter had severe bottle rot at about the same age as yours, and by feeding her this way, the teeth have hardened over (they're still ugly) and will manage to stay in place until the permanent teeth are ready to come in:

Eating special foods with fat-soluble vitamins won’t cure tooth decay in themselves, but they are a part of the cure.

These special foods are as follows:

Raw grass-fed dairy including, milk, cheese, cream and butter.
Organs of sea animals including fish organs, fish heads, fish eggs, oysters, clams, mussels, and crab and lobster with the innards.
Organs of land animals, including liver, bone marrow, tongue, heart, kidneys, pancreas, adrenal glands, gonads and for the more adventurous, brain, eyes and stomach lining.
Dr. Price found that a characteristic of groups containing a high immunity to tooth decay is that they ate regularly from two of these three food categories.

Read the rest of the article here: http://nourishedmagazine.com.au/blog/ar ... t-canals-2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:41 am 

Thank you for the information, I am going to check out those sites and articles.

Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:59 pm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:45 am 

It's timely that we've been talking about black walnut tincture, b/c last night my daughter with autism, who does not brush her teeth well at all and who probably has a harder time absorbing minerals than the rest of us b/c of her compromised gut health, started complaining of a toothache in one of her back molars. I told her today that 1) she has GOT to brush her teeth better (and I need to supervise, I guess. Sigh....she's 13!), 2) she may not eat any fruit or honey, 3) she needs to eat 1 whole teaspoon of fermented cod liver oil and butter oil 2x/day rather than the 1/2 tsp. 2x/day we've all be taking, 4) she gets extra liver, 5) she gets bone broth to drink at least 3x/day (or in soup--we're not doing dairy right now b/c of her autism-healing diet). And 6) she must swish with black walnut hull tincture (I made a ton of it last fall) several times per day. We'll see what happens. I so do not want to take her to the dentist, who already thinks we are quacks. Also, when it was hurting her this morning, I put clove oil on a q-tip for her to hold where it hurt. After that she never complained about it (or else I scared her with my preaching and she dared not complain! :-) .)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:33 am 

That should definitely help your dd to do all those things. I wish I were that disciplined myself right now.
Where did you get your recipe for the black walnut hull tincture? It may be here somewhere, but I don't remember.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:38 pm 

My friend taught me how to make black walnut hull tincture. Fortunately, our farm is abundantly blessed with black walnuts (which bear better some years than others, BTW), so finding them isn't hard for us. Here's a link to my friend's blog with instructions and pictures: http://juswingit.wordpress.com/2011/09/ ... turegreen/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:58 pm 

I went out and bought the black walnut tincture because both my daughter and myself have huge dentist fears. We both had immediate results as far as curing toothaches. Unfortunately last night I looked further into the black walnut and read that prolonger use can cause mouth and tongue cancer, as well as liver problems. I am really upset over this and wondered if anyone else ever read this, or no of anyone who had problems from using black walnut.

Lorrie

Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:54 pm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:42 pm 

I know that is a scary warning. However, knowing black walnut hull tincture has been used for years as a parasite-killing regime, which takes a while of regular use, I am not too worried about it. There were probably a few people who overdid it in massive amounts for a long time who got the cancers. Yes, the liver might get overloaded if the tincture made you start detoxing hugely for a long time, but that's a risk with many herbs AND many allopathic medicines! (My parents have to get blood drawn every month b/c they take a drug that can mess with their liver.) Just use the tincture to work on your teeth and then give your body a break. Maybe be faithful with swishing with it 4x/day for 2-4 weeks. You'll know if it's starting to work b/c your teeth will become less sensitive and, if you know where your cavities are located and have a tooth probe (pointy thing like the dentist uses), you can gently poke there and notice if they are hardening. The tincture use needs to be combined with an extraordinary diet, too. I'm not a doctor and not an especially experienced herbalist, but I have friends who are and am trusting this tooth-healing method so much that my own children are following it, too.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:06 pm 

I enjoyed your friend's blog and am amazed at how easy it is to make the tincture from the whole walnut with the hull. We used to have them where we lived...wish I'd known. I can get some from a friend this summer, I guess. I do have the powder and have brushed with it a little, once a day, then swallowed it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:31 am 

I'm really excited to start healing my son's teeth! About the time I came across this topic, he was scheduled for two baby root canals and some fillings to be performed under general anesthesia. My son is five, so it may be a while before the molars that are bothering him fall out, and he was experiencing almost daily pain, so we were going to go ahead hoping he would get some relief.
Well, he ended up with a bad cold so the appointment was canceled (I will say for the dentist and anesthesiologist that they are very careful). There are no more appointments available until some time in March, so now we have the opportunity to try to get rid of his cavities over the next month or so.
We started him on the fermented cod liver oil/butter oil blend last night. I also purchased black walnut hull tincture, but am not sure what dose to give him, particularly after reading about it's possible effects on the liver. I feel confident using it for a limited time, but I want to make sure I give him the correct dosage. The post above said 2 droppers in 1/8 glass of water. Is that two full droppers? And would that be appropriate for my son, who weighs a little over 50 pounds, or should I give him less? I tried googling it, but can't find much on what amount to use. Any ideas?
Thanks! :)

Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:17 am

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:21 pm 

YAY! Sounds like a "God-coincidence" to me! :-) A "dropperful" means how much you get when you have the thing empty, squeeze the top, insert it into the liquid, let go, and pull it back out. Usually what you get is what looks like only half a dropper tube's worth, but that is considered a dropperful. So two dropperfuls would be to do that process two times. That's what we are doing with our 13 yo daughter. She dumps those into a little shot glass and adds just enough warm water so she doesn't choke when the works is in her mouth. Then she sets the timer for one minute, swishes, and swallows. After every meal and before bedtime. But....our daughter weighs 115 pounds. Maybe since your little guy is so small, and with the concerns about possible liver toxicity, you should just use one dropperful. That's just coming from my gut; I don't know for sure. Is there a contact page for the lady's blog posted above? Likely she's done tons of research and knows more than I do.

Keep us posted!!!! And stay strict about sweets and grains, even after he doesn't complain of pain anymore! That's what's happening to us right now, b/c our daughter doesn't have pain anymore and so isn't as motivated to do the swishing every time (without me remembering to tell her--like I don't have enough on my plate to remember!) and she's no longer afraid of fruit or chocolate (dark, our family's occasional "indulgence").

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:18 pm 

So, I'm looking into this for my 3 year old son. He sustained a tooth injury back in January, and due to a beginning infection (according to the dentist) it is still slightly loose. Dentist is looking at root canal, which requires sedation and all that... i'm trying to avoid and doing what I can to treat the infection for a week or so to see what we can do, if anything.

I've heard about the black walnut and was curious about trying it since it seems like it might help the tooth/root? Unsure. I don't have a ton of time to order and wait on shipping for things, so I wondered whether this was the same thing everyone is talking about?

http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... scoring=tp

And if so, how much would I give to a 3 year old? I understand it to be swish and swallow?

Thanks for the help.

Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:02 am

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:38 pm 

The Nature's Answer is what I got. I ordered it through Amazon and it came pretty quickly. I'm also giving my son the royal blend fermented cod liver oil/butter oil combo. Check out the link to curetoothdecay, above. Beeyoutiful carries the unflavored stuff. I ordered the cinnamon flavor from another site. It smells horrid to me, but my son has been pretty good about taking it so far.

Our situation was definitely a providential God coinicidence! Staying strict about sweets and grains is going to be really hard for us, partly because they're cheap and we have a big family (who love carbs and can be picky eaters) and partly because we all love sweets - especially me!

Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:17 am

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:23 pm 

For a three-year-old, I'd do no more than one dropperful and maybe a slightly scant dropperful at that, depending on how big he is. Again, check the lady's blog referenced above to see if she has any more dosage recommendations. Try to get him to swish for a whole minute (maybe you could sing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" slowly three times or something fun like that to help him pass the time). If he cannot catch on to the swish trick, have him shake his head back and forth to cause it to swish. Also, if the bad tooth is in the back of his mouth (molar area), be sure he keeps his head up, b/c if he's looking down while the stuff is in his mouth, the back teeth may not get bathed in it as long or as well.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:38 pm 

Yeah great stuff here. I remember when I was deep into right on healthy living truthful studies coming across black walnut husk oil, being anti-microbial, anti-fungal, anti-parasitic, anti-bad-bacterial. I brushed my teeth with it on and off, it didn't change the color but I didn't do it religiously for years on end so who knows. We have a few trees dropping nuts right now here in Wisconsin. Does anyone know how to clone or grow these trees, is it only from the nut or can I cut off a small branch and clone it?

Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:30 pm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:00 pm 

I am not entirely certain, but I think that it is from the seed- the black walnut!

Mary

We are not medical professionals and are not qualified to give medical advice. We are happy to share our personal experiences, any personal research and our opinions, but this is never to take the place of your own research and counsel of your Doctor.

Fri May 15, 2009 11:03 am